• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 4 Update Issues

Shane0524

Lurker
Sep 13, 2016
Hello, I'm trying to get 6.0 on my ATT note 4. When I go to the update screen it says software is up to date, try again in 667 hours, and does not let me proceed with the update. A few days ago I got the OTA update notification and downloaded it, but after it downloaded it disappeared and here I am stuck waiting 667 hours.

please let me know what I can to to clear this time and get the update.

I have seen AT&T devices say to wait 24 hrs and check again. Yours is the first to say 667.
If you continue to have update issues and happen to live near a Best Buy, the Samsung rep there can flash The OTA update for you.
Only other thing I can think of to try would be a Cache partition wipe in recovery then reboot and try the Check for Updates again.

Upvote 0
I have seen AT&T devices say to wait 24 hrs and check again. Yours is the first to say 667.
If you continue to have update issues and happen to live near a Best Buy, the Samsung rep there can flash The OTA update for you.
Only other thing I can think of to try would be a Cache partition wipe in recovery then reboot and try the Check for Updates again.
how do i do the cache wipe in recovery

Upvote 0
With phone off, press and hold the power button + home + volume up until phone boots and you see blue "Recovery Booting" in upper left of screen then release power only. Continue holding the other two until it boots into Recovery.
Use the volume down button to scroll to Wipe Cache then press the power button to select it.
After you Wipe the cache partition, reboot.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
All you would need is the last zip, PG7.
The way I have did this is to download the zip file to my PC. Rename it "update.zip" without the quotes. Copy it to your SD card.
Boot into recovery
Select Apply Update from external storage
Locate the update.zip file that you copied
Press power to flash it.

Upvote 0
All you would need is the last zip, PG7.
The way I have did this is to download the zip file to my PC. Rename it "update.zip" without the quotes. Copy it to your SD card.
Boot into recovery
Select Apply Update from external storage
Locate the update.zip file that you copied
Press power to flash it.
ok ill try this later

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
So I did a factory reset from 5.1.1 and got the over the air update to marshmellow. Now with the update my phone gets very glitchy and doesn't run so great. Also it burns through battery at an alarming rate. Will another factory reset from marshmellow help with these issues or amore I stuck with this?

Upvote 0
So I did a factory reset from 5.1.1 and got the over the air update to marshmellow. Now with the update my phone gets very glitchy and doesn't run so great. Also it burns through battery at an alarming rate. Will another factory reset from marshmellow help with these issues or amore I stuck with this?

My Note 4 and my S5 both ran a bit slow for about 12 hours after the update to 6.x

in both cases, a simple restart cleared it up faster...

Neither one of them had any glitches, lost files or icons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones