1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

note 4 vs note 7 camera and also waterproof question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kytoandroid, Aug 21, 2016.

1. kytoandroid

kytoandroid Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2016
    how is the camera on the note 7 compared to the note 4 camera? has the quality improved at all? that's the big decider for me right now on whether i should upgrade or not.

also how good is the waterproofing? i have a waterproof case for my note 4 that i take with me when i go swimming so that my phone doesn't get stolen, if i could take this in the water with me without having to bring a thick case that'd be fantastic

Advertisement

2. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    The camera on the Note 7 is far better than on the Note 4. Many improvements. It is the same camera from the S7 edge but with better software. This is thought to be by most the best camera on a mobile phone currently.

I have not tested the waterproofing, but all the online tests show it to be very much waterproof. This is another reason I am very pleased with the N7 as all my other Note devices I had to put into a waterproof container if I was doing something like white water rafting, snorkeling, etc.

ne0lyfeism and seVer like this.
  3. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Note 7 is faster, better pic quality and much better low light pictures.

ne0lyfeism and seVer like this.
  4. seVer

seVer Android Expert

May 1, 2010
    Unknown. Previous VZW Tech Support for 7 years.
    I held my phone about 6 inches from my knee and was able to capture, clearly, the hairs and follicles on my skin. it's freaking ridiculous how clean it is. I also tested the "selective focus" feature and was quite surprised and how quickly it transitioned. color me impressed!

Duckster and ne0lyfeism like this.
  5. XrB

XrB Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    In terms of picture quality, the dynamic range is amazing and noise performance in low light is great! Photos compared to my professional dSLR set-up, of course, is still a far comparison ;) (D810, 85 f/1.4G and various gold ring lenses)

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was launched in 2016, before subsequently being removed from production over battery issues.