• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

simcha

Android Enthusiast
Sep 3, 2010
Oakland, CA
I have to say that I picked up and played with a Galaxy S6 Edge a week ago and I really liked the feel and functionality. I also liked the look of the display. I know that you cannot replace the battery or put a memory card in it. That's unfortunate.

I am not exactly a power user though and I really liked the design. I am hoping the Galaxy this Note 5 comes with an Edge option. I guess this time around I want something that looks cool. I guess that's a bit shallow but I guess my needs have changed. I expect the specs to be top notch too but for some reason, the form of the Edge design really speaks to me.

Anyone else?

As far as I've read, the Note 5 and Note 5 Edge will both be released. If not that, the Note 5 will have the Edge built-in to it. And it will fit the new Gear VR perfectly. With that 6" UHD screen, virtually reality will be a whole new experience!

I'm just really hoping against hope that, considering that the Note series is now Samsung's predominant flagship device, they will include a microSD slot.

Either way, I will not pounce again on the retail Note 5: rather, this time I will wait for the Developer Edition to be released directly from Samsung ;)

Reactions: ocnbrze and KOLIO
Upvote 0
No doubt both will be released again. The Edge series is still roughly new in Samsung's eyes and it has, to my knowledge, received a decent amount of positive feedback. I see them improving upon it and continuing with releasing it.

I think there is reason to question whether they will release a Note 5 Edge. I've read nothing recently about a Edge edition coming. The most recent articles I've read only mention the Note 5(non-Edge) and S6 Edge Plus as being forthcoming. Of course none of us can be sure but that's what I'm seeing.

If any of you have seen/read anything recently to the contrary please share it with the rest of us.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones