• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 5 needs to be restarted 3 or more times a day

John94551

Lurker
Feb 25, 2016
Thankfully it's a fast reboot, but I HAVE to restart my phone every morning or CNBC won't load, Facebook pictures won't load, and gmail and my work email won't download ... just to name a few problems. Throughout the day I have to reboot my phone at least 3 times otherwise various apps won't open (ABC 7 News, Words w/Friends, Trivia Crack, Close5 GoogleMaps just to name a few).
I've only had the phone a couple of months after having a Note2 for a few years which almost never had this problem.
Model SM-N920V
Hardware N920V.04
Android 5.1.1
Security Patch level 2015-11-01

Any ideas??

Thanks for the advice Kolio and pool_shark. It allowed me to learn about the previously unknown to me safe mode; good stuff!!
I uninstalled ABS and will post my observations. So far, The battery seems to last longer.

Glad to hear it! :thumbsupdroid:

Those battery saver apps are a relic from days past that keep getting rehashed & regurgitated.
They're not needed anymore & truth be known did very little way back when either.
Think of 'em as a junkie's Methadone,or,Nicotine gum/patches............................ ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones