1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Note 7 Should Really Have 6 Inch Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidHumanoid, Aug 20, 2016.

1. AndroidHumanoid

None

Mar 12, 2016
    I hate that it hasn't reached 6 inches yet. Also, they keep shrinking things down that the screen almost looks smaller than my Note 4 and almost the same as the Edge 7.

I am hoping the Note 8 goes up to 6 inches or 6.2 inches.

Advertisement

mikedt and The_Chief like this.
  2. Fun Human

Fun Human Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2014
    Agreed. I'm not unhappy with the screen but bigger would have been better. I had the Nexus 6 and honestly that phone felt a little to big. But the bezel all around could have been shrunk and it was relatively heavy. The Note 7 is definitely narrower than the 5. I would have taken the same width and more screen. That said I'm happy and I'll comment on other threads.

mikedt likes this.
  3. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    If they made it 6 inches, people will ask for 6.2. LOL You already did. At some point the phone turns into a full tablet and the Nexus 7 is already just an inch or less than that point. I think 6 inches would have gone against the ergonomics of what they intended to feel like in the hand. Maybe next year, but I think 6 would have to be the limit and wouldn't be surprised if it stayed around 5.7 to 5.8. If Apple did it, then they'd probably be inclined to do it, but Apple doesn't have all these other tablets to compete with, so they just might.

mikedt likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    That could be a Note 7 "Plus" or "Max". Not everyone wants huge phones, especially if wearing skinny jeans or have smaller sized hands, and it gives punters a choice then.

There's some 7 inch and 8 inch phones out there. How large would you want to go? But there's no way I'd want something I couldn't fit in a pocket or hold comfortably to my ear.

#4 mikedt, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    KupKrazy likes this.
  5. MannyrtFresh

MannyrtFresh Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    Male
    Planet Earth
    I love the screen size as is now. Anything bigger and I might as well hold my 60inch TV in my hand to text and make calls. Lol. OK a little crazy there.

KupKrazy and mikedt like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was launched in 2016, before subsequently being removed from production over battery issues.