1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Note 7, why won't my calendar show in the Secure Folder

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Kent5901, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Kent5901

Kent5901 Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    I have setup my secure folder on my Note 7 phone. In the secure folder I added my my exchange account to the "email" application; during this setup I also select the option to sync my calendar. The email in the secure folder is working fine, however it seems you cannot move the calendar into this secure folder (thats what a phone service representative said). Thus I cannot move the calendar into the secure folder and the calendar (outside the secure folder) does not sync either (because the email address it in the secure folder). This seems crazy, can someone tell me how to sync my calendar in the secure folder? This is new phone out of the box, Verizon carrier-- thank in advance.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    What calendar are you trying to use?
    the one from Outlook?

I suggest that you use Google Calendar instead, and have it sync to the Outlook calendar.

Google Calendar is the only app in the whole play store that would continuously work for me, day to day, month after month.... all of the others, work when I set them up, sync'd once, and then they quit.

Google syncs on a schedule, it is not instantaneous....

3. Kent5901

Kent5901 Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Yes I am using the "google" calendar. I think the google calendar will sync with the exchange account, but the issue is I can't figure out how to get the google calendar into the secure folder.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    The way I understand it is that anything in the Secure Folder is a duplicate of anything outside the Secure Folder. Because that folder is based on Knox, nothing inside communicates with anything outside, and vice versa. They are two completely separate entities. That said, I haven't experimented using a calendar app inside and outside the folder, tied to the same Google account. That may create some kind of conflict or other unwanted consequence.

5. Kent5901

Kent5901 Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    How did you get the calendar app "inside" the secure folder? When I go to my secure folder and select "add"(next to the plus sign) the calendar app is not listed in the "add apps from phone" sections. I just need to figure out how to add the calendar app that came pre-installed with phone. THANK YOU for any help