• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 8 restarted on its own. Didn't recognize password

Tony S

Lurker
Nov 19, 2017
Last night for no reason at all my phone shut off and when I read started it I was asked for my password as usual, only this time it told me that I had the wrong password and after several attempts my phone was reformatted.
I know what my password was so now I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Spending my afternoon after church re-doing my phone settings, not to mention the data that was lost. Good thing I put a lot of it on the SD card....

there have been reports of this phone restarting/rebooting on its own. perhaps your phone is experiencing this as some others have.

as for your password issue, the phone won't alter your password. it could be that you were not inputting in the right password or , if you were 100% sure you were inputting the correct password, whatever caused your phone to reboot could have been mucking around with the password (rare). this is why you have multiple ways of entering your phone (iris, fingerprint, face, etc) rather than just one.

you could have also restarted the phone if you saw it was not recognizing your password.

nothing anyone can really suggest. just reach out to samsung and express your issues to them. if more people follow up with samsung, they may look more closely into this and may be able to offer an update or suggestion.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones