1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Note 8? Wait for S9? Something else?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by behrprofl, Oct 8, 2017.

1. behrprofl

behrprofl Member
    None

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    North Port, Florida
    Currently have an s7 edge. Previously I had the S4 and S6 edge,

I have an upgrade on my verizon account and I am one who gets super antsy with electronics when I have upgrade options. Tvs, laptops, video game console etc etc...

So I just want some input what people think I should do and what they would do.

Advertisement

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

I think it depends on which features you want.

Interested in larger screen and the S-Pen? Note 8.

Don't need a stylus and can wait 6 months? Maybe hold out for the S9.

Hadron likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Well I'm sort of the opposite to you: I upgrade my devices when I feel the device needs upgrading and not otherwise, and don't let any corporation try to push me into signing new deals to lock me in for longer. So personally I'd ask "do I need to upgrade?" and if so "is there anything I actually fancy?"

But assuming you are set on upgrading, you clearly like Samsung (though there are other manufacturers out there). If you ignore the whole "it's new" thing and just look at the device itself would you actually prefer the Note 8 to the S8, and if so is this because of any feature that's specific to the Note? If your answers to both questions are "yes" then I think our job is done.

If not, then your options would be to buy an S8 (so what if it's 6 months old? It's the same processor, probably the same camera sensor, etc) or wait for the S9. Will the S9 be better? Nobody can say, because right now we have no information about it. The marketing people will say it's better, because that's their job, but I've known cases from all manufacturers where I've thought "actually I preferred last year's device", so there's always some element of risk in waiting for something which may turn out not to have been worth the wait. Really only you can decide on that.

kate and psionandy like this.