1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Note Just Delivered

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Notetoself, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Notetoself

Notetoself New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Greetings

Since I have been lurking for the past few weeks and my note just arrived I thought I would say hello :)

It's currently sitting across the office freshly arrived from Staples and I am very tempted to open it but if I do I know I won't get any work done this afternoon.

Just 3 hours 40 minutes to go :)

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... ....

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Congrats on the phone and I like the username:)

Welcome to the forum.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club!

4. Notetoself

Notetoself New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Well it has been a couple of days and I thought I would give an update.

Firstly let me say I should have been more specific.....the note is the 10.1 tablet not the phone.....lol didn't even know it existed.....though it looks quite cool.....maybe my next phone!

I use computers at work every day but my typing is terrible.....20 words per minute on a good day. I am taking a couple of online courses and have been doing everything on paper because there would be no way to type lecture notes quickly enough, then I have been using voice dictation to type them up.....hoping to streamline that a bit.

This is my first android device, I have a blackberry playbook and like it quite a lot. My personal cell phone and work cell are both blackberry's so I am able to tether to both getting my mail and using works free internet from anywhere :D My personal cell is a torch.....hate it and my work phone is a bold.So I am very familiar with blackberry's operating systems so the android operating system is taking a while to get used to. But I am liking it so far!

For taking notes I have been experimenting with snote and I downloaded the trial version of lecture notes. I have found a couple of useful videos on youtube specific to snote so I am coming along.

As to the tablet itself, after two days I am very impressed. It loads much faster than my playbook and the video quality is better than my laptop....admittedly it was a cheap laptop :)

I'll check back in after I really get to play with the tablet this weekend.

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Let us know if you need any help with it.

6. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Female
    I hope you found the YouTube channel of our fellow forum member,
    a student who shows herself using the Note in class. I'm on the teacher side, but have picked up some helpful tips from her usage and I love seeing how students are using this fabulous device!

Have to say, I love your screen name! :)