• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note10 Do Not Disturb Craziness

I am on my 3rd Samsung Android Cell Phone, my month-old Samsung Galaxy Note10+. Until 3 days ago, the "Do Not Disturb" (DND) feature has worked like it has before. That is. it prevents my receiving calls or texts during specified hours of the night from anyone other than my Contact Favorites (family).

All of a sudden, 3 days ago, DND has begun greatly inhibiting the volume of Bluetooth audio volume, which is horribly annoying. I use white noise audio via Bluetooth headphones to help me sleep at night. I have searched everywhere in Settings and cannot locate the DND settings.

Can anyone help me find these settings and disable this annoying new part of the feature?

Where did I use the expression "new feature?" My model number for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is SM-N975U, if that helps you with my issue. Under my Settings tab there is NO SUCH ITEM as "Special Settings." None at all.

I DID search for "Do Not Disturb" and Volume Control is turned OFF. Problem still exists.

Thank you for trying to help me, but I still have the problem

Upvote 0
Where did I use the expression "new feature?" My model number for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is SM-N975U, if that helps you with my issue. Under my Settings tab there is NO SUCH ITEM as "Special Settings." None at all.

I DID search for "Do Not Disturb" and Volume Control is turned OFF. Problem still exists.

Thank you for trying to help me, but I still have the problem

this is what you stated in your message -

annoying new part of the feature?

i took "new" to mean something has been updated.

we have the same phone. if you open up settings, at the top of the screen there is a magnifying glass. type in do not disturb.
you will see "special access".

Oops, someone asked who my carrier is. I can't see why that matters but it's Verizon.

it matters because some carriers will add or remove features and i want to make sure we are all on the same page. my note 10+ is direct from samsung so it is not locked to any carrier. there may be differences in the settings.

Upvote 0
PROBLEM SOLVED. Talked to Verizon Tech Coach for a long, long time. Tried many things and finally ... VOILA! It turns out, there's a really, really buggy app called VOLUME CONTROL. (I had installed it as just a short cut instead of going to Settings) Do Not Install this app! As soon as I uninstalled it, all my problems (media volume, spotty internet access, flaky use of WiFi File Transfer, etc) -- all went away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones