1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note10 Do Not Disturb Craziness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kitwms, Jul 14, 2020.

1. kitwms

kitwms Newbie

I am on my 3rd Samsung Android Cell Phone, my month-old Samsung Galaxy Note10+. Until 3 days ago, the "Do Not Disturb" (DND) feature has worked like it has before. That is. it prevents my receiving calls or texts during specified hours of the night from anyone other than my Contact Favorites (family).

All of a sudden, 3 days ago, DND has begun greatly inhibiting the volume of Bluetooth audio volume, which is horribly annoying. I use white noise audio via Bluetooth headphones to help me sleep at night. I have searched everywhere in Settings and cannot locate the DND settings.

Can anyone help me find these settings and disable this annoying new part of the feature?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #9 by kitwms, Jul 21, 2020 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. marctronixx

what "new feature" are you referring to?
    what model note 10 plus are you using? on what carrier?

you can go into "special settings" in the settings tab.

you can also hit the magnifying glass and type in Do not disturb and go right to the feature (you can do this for any other feature you are wanting to find).

4. kitwms

kitwms Newbie

Where did I use the expression "new feature?" My model number for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is SM-N975U, if that helps you with my issue. Under my Settings tab there is NO SUCH ITEM as "Special Settings." None at all.

I DID search for "Do Not Disturb" and Volume Control is turned OFF. Problem still exists.

Thank you for trying to help me, but I still have the problem

5. J_Hansen

J_Hansen Well-Known Member

I have Do Not Disturb in the pull down menu, you should as well or at least be able to add it via there as well

marctronixx likes this.
  6. kitwms

kitwms Newbie

Oops, someone asked who my carrier is. I can't see why that matters but it's Verizon.

7. J_Hansen

J_Hansen Well-Known Member

Verizon has a bad reputation for removing features to make customers use their own offerings instead...

marctronixx likes this.
  8. marctronixx

this is what you stated in your message -

i took "new" to mean something has been updated.

we have the same phone. if you open up settings, at the top of the screen there is a magnifying glass. type in do not disturb.
    you will see "special access".

it matters because some carriers will add or remove features and i want to make sure we are all on the same page. my note 10+ is direct from samsung so it is not locked to any carrier. there may be differences in the settings.

9. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Do Not Disturb is under NOTIFICATIONS on my Note 10+. I have an unlocked (carrierless) phone and use T-Mobile.

10. kitwms

kitwms Newbie

PROBLEM SOLVED. Talked to Verizon Tech Coach for a long, long time. Tried many things and finally ... VOILA! It turns out, there's a really, really buggy app called VOLUME CONTROL. (I had installed it as just a short cut instead of going to Settings) Do Not Install this app! As soon as I uninstalled it, all my problems (media volume, spotty internet access, flaky use of WiFi File Transfer, etc) -- all went away.

J_Hansen and marctronixx like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews