1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Note5 Keeps Rebooting

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Droiderino, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Droiderino

Droiderino Lurker

Hi to anyone who can guide or help me.
    My phone:
    SM-N920P (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from Sprint)
    Software: N920PVPSAOK3
    Hardware version: N920P.04
    Android Version: 5.1.1
    Kernel Version:
    3.10.61-5944578
    Build Number:
    LMY47X.N920PVPSAOK3

I have had several phone since the 90s and never broke one except a Blackberry by jumping into a pool about 6 years ago and never needed a case to protect them just to carry them.

I got excited over the new technology and thought to break open the wallet for a Note 5.

At the store no one told me that the back was made out of glass. I found out the hard way when it feel off a stack of books not too high and broke the back glass during my first day. Also during my first day the phone had not been updated by the store staff and kept seeing it update and request reboot and did so. Since then the phone has been rebooting only in the middle of the night. I swear this is weird but carefully checked this and only between 2-6am it reboots randomly. Never while I have it in my hands using it for talking or web surfing did it ever reboot. Contacted the store and Sprint and they were so happy to make a note in their system that I broke the back cover and they said now the warranty is void. Now I see I am SOOL until I found this forum. I hope.

I checked on replacing the back cover but before I open the phone I thought to get advice on how to approach this problem with reboot.

I have already wiped the partition cache and reset (reformat) several times and no solution. Lately it is rebooting during the day about 15 times or more. Strangely right after I replaced the case to a slimmer one.

How do I determine what is causing the reboot? Are there log files I can examine?

I can pretty much do what is instructed of me as I have been in IT for over 16 years and have taken apart and rebuilt everything from cars, houses, computers, electronics and so on. I already bought my tool set to take this sucker apart. Just want advice and guidance from already experienced people.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

Maybe your new, slimmer case is pressing the power button.

3. Droiderino

Droiderino Lurker

Thanks, I will try and see for a day to see if this is the cause but previous times I have not witnessed the prompt to ask which choice to select for power off, airplane mode, restart or emergency mode. However it is super fast restart and this is why I have not complained so much before when it was less frequent and by the time I grabbed the phone it was back to its main screen ready to use.