• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note8 Shipping Thread

IKR? Me too! HURRY UP FedEx dude!!!

My across-the-hall neighbor signed for it (FedEx). Since I saw that on-line, I left wrk a bit early. Only thing was that he wasn't home when I got home and he had it inside his apt so I couldn't get to ito_O . I waited ~45 min. and she is now charging:). Yahoo! Sorry, no pun intended...

Redeye

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Just finally got through to Samsung only to be told that they haven't shipped my phone yet despite the email I received last weekend. It will supposedly be shipped tomorrow or maybe Thursday? Gee, thanks! Nice to know they're on the job.
I hope the information they gave you is accurate because I just saw on my Twitter feed that unlocked phones won't be shipped until October 1st:

Jeff Springer‏ @jspring86az
Jeff Springer Retweeted TK Bay

Samsung hit people with the bait and switch!
TK Bay @tkdsl8655
PSA: @SamsungMobileUS Unlocked #note8 Orders to ship October 1st. the Devices shipping today are the locked devices. this sucks​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For once since my 2 Note 7 fiascos, I feel like I made the right choice by sticking with VZW! Phone came in around 2:15, headed to VZW to get tempered glass screen protector that is awesome and came home to find my Tech21 case waiting! The VZW rep was amazed that I had my phone. She told me to come back in and get my screen protector put on when I got my phone! I then handed her this beautiful phone! I was only the 2nd person she said that had come in with a phone! They can't even sell them until the 14th. Happy!!😍

Upvote 0
I hope the information they gave you is accurate because I just saw the following on my Twitter feed:

Jeff Springer‏ @jspring86az
Jeff Springer Retweeted TK Bay

Samsung hit people with the bait and switch!
TK Bay @tkdsl8655
PSA: @SamsungMobileUS Unlocked #note8 Orders to ship October 1st. the Devices shipping today are the locked devices. this sucks​

No unlocked phones shipped until October 1st?
Dont know man... Mine is on verizon. So a locked version. And I am still looking at a blank tracking page from Samsung, and a UPS page that has no tracking info for the number I was provided.

I can totally see them not being delivered today. My email says 2 business days from ship date. Tomorrow would be the 2nd business day for me. But how the heck did we just go an entire business day without my phone so much as being picked by UPS yet? Seems off that theres no tracking info yet.

Upvote 0
<---- 10 months of waiting

:p

I chatted AGAIN with Samsung (took 6 minutes to get an agent), who confirmed the same stupid tracking number that goes to the same stupid blank webpage. I'm not sure the right hand knows what the left hand is doing there right now...

EDIT:

Sucks! I just got a text... a FedEx shipping notification. For THURSDAY morning! I can't imagine that being anything but this phone...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I purchased my Note 8 on September 2nd at the Verizon store. I received it by Fedex this afternoon and had it up and running in 30 minutes. Back in love again :)

I'm so envious! I ordered mines on the 2nd as well but will receive on the 7th. I can't complain though, it's much earlier than the expected 14th the Verizon guy told me.

Good things come to those who wait ^_^

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones