• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NotEnoughSpace is yours to test

OOooohhh...excellent. I particularly like your last screenshot: "permission denied."

This would explain a lot.

Would you mind, after "su" typing:
Code:
chmod 700 /data/data/com.voilaweb.mobile.notenoughspace/files/nes
...and then run the commands again?

So this would look like:
Code:
su
chmod 700 /data/data/com.voilaweb.mobile.notenoughspace/files/nes
/data/data/com.voilaweb.mobile.notenoughspace/files/nes df /data/data

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Lol sorry I was not able to run the commands as you asked before you put out the new version. Will test new version ASAP.

oh, and just realized - this is the original Motorola DROID, if it makes any difference....I know I mentioned it before in an earlier post, but I just read the desc. again and saw you ahd only tested on the DInc...

Reactions: jabbawest
Upvote 0
Aaaargh - I was all set to reply, and when I clicked on one of the pics I had attached, I was unable to return to the preview of the reply.

So, reply #2:

Still getting the same thing as before. This is using the latest version as of this writing.

NotEnoughSpace 9.jpg

Also, ran the commands as you had first specified, and got the exact same results (down to the 126 after the echo statement).

Added the chmod in there, and go results more along the lines of what you're looking for, methinks. Also threw in a
Code:
df /data/data
for good measure, although I think that was just me being redundant....

NotEnoughSpace 10.jpg

HTH

Upvote 0
Installed the new version today, but now, just as discussed above, the "Inspect and Optimize" results screen shows "NaNKB" for the following parameters: Database, Files, Preferences, Cache. The Total, Used, and Free parameters display correctly.
And, just as in the screenshots above, NO results are displayed below this. In other words, NO apps are listed at all after it finishes "Retrieving installed apps list..."
My app is asking for root perms as expected (only authorized su the first time, but I see the little toast popup each time I run it).
So it would appear that the latest version is still seriously broken.
FWIW, here's my info:
Phone: HTC Droid Incredible, rooted, S-Off
ROM: Skyraider Athena 1.2
Kernel: Stock (the one included with above ROM)

Edit: After using the Dalkvik cache cleaning function, rebooting, and rerunning the "Inspect and Optimize" function, I'm now getting the following error message after it fetches the list of apps:
"Bad status code: #1002"
So sad--I really was loving this app!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones