• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nothing Is Downloading

Kalib

Lurker
Jun 30, 2016
OK so this is gonna be a long story but I'm gonna start all at the beginning.... OK so when I got root it was super cool and stuff and everything was going great (btw I don't really know stuff about electronics but I know enough so if there anything that I put into this that doesn't matter I'm sorry) but until I went to the play store it's said something like an error or something (and all the google supported apps wernt working like youtube,play services,ect) but I tried to clear the data reset my accout, Uninstall updates, you know stuff like that but it didn't work (at this time other stores worked like aptoide and downloading stuff from the internet) so i went on the brower and searched up how to fix this thing and multiple sites said if your root then delete/edit the host file but one said its more effective if you delete it... so thats what i did i delete the host file and everything worked fine! All the google servies were working for me! And things were downloading for me! Until the next day.... everything was working fine until i went to try to install somthing from google store all it said was "download pending" and nothing was intalling for it to make it wait so it was pending for a long time so i cancled it and went to aptoide and when i try installing from that it said error installing. So then i tried from the internet and it said download failed. So now nothing was installing and i tried to do what other pages said to fix this but it didnt work so my supid self did a factory reset so i removed root first and did it.... so i was really hoping this could fix everything but no it didnt but this time somthing changed so when i try to install from the internet its says somthing like enable download manager so i try to find download manager in settings - appication manager - all, but i couldnt find anything (i swear i checked 1,000,000 times) so i go on the internet and search up "my download manager is gone" and i find a page on this site how to get it back but(most of the time i cant even understand what there saying) i tried to do what they said but nothing worked so now im here and im sad cus i lost all my apps and music pls help me get my download manager back or what ever fixes this (one market does work when i go on galaxy apps it can install any app there)(i forgot to backup the host file)

ok it asked for my model number and i entered it and now im at a page where it say things like "find phone" "select contry" so now what?
Yeh, that's what you need to do, in order to find and download the correct firmware for your particular Samsung. Need to know the exact model and version of the phone as well. Many Samsung firmwares can be country specific, carrier specific as well. Then you should be able to flash it with Odin using a PC. Exact details I don't know, it's a while since I've touched a Samsung. Definitely worth having a look at our All Things Root forum for your particular device as well. :)

Upvote 0
ok i got to the page where it says confim download for firmware but when i press the download button nothing happens and i think i found the correct frimware?
(btw i have a S4 Mini) oh yeah and does anyone know how i messed up my phone? I mean factory reset resets it to be like its out of the box right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In order to download firmware from Sammobile, you need to create a free account.
Download to pc and unzip the file
Free download is slow, about 30 to 45 min average.
Link to download Odin and instructions for flashing at bottom of firmware page.

If you modify/ delete anything in the system ,a factory reset will not restore it. Flashing is the only way to get it back to stock out of the box condition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones