1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Notification alert while on call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vidguru, Aug 4, 2010.

1. vidguru

vidguru New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Since I have updated to Froyo on Tuesday, via software update on phone, my evo 4g has picked up an annoying habit.
    I use the stock messenger app.
    If I receive a text message while on a call, it plays the text alert music in my earpiece and I can't even hear the person on the phone to save my life. If I were to turn on the speaker, it is alot worse.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. jmac05r1

jmac05r1 New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Yea, I too have that problem?? any fixes?

3. RoidRage25

RoidRage25 Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Door to Door Meat Salesman
    Niagara Falls NY
    I really hope they fix this! It's driving me nuts! I work in loud environments,and have my text alerts on full blast so I can hear them.Now when I am on the phone It BLASTS MY EARS OUT! unreal...so now i have to go into settings and turn down notification alerts everytime i get a call? I had windows mobile 6.1 and when I would get a text while talking it would beep gently in the ear piece... when I wasnt on the phone it would alert with the notification sound,
    someone needs to fix this

4. mattpmoto

mattpmoto New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    UK
    I've got this issue just got a Desire in Feb '11. Is there a way to fix this yet.?

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    This functionality was begged for prior to 2.2...some find it annoying while others love it. I have not found a way to disable it in the stock messaging app however many alternative texting apps have menu options to disable it. I have used hancent since the phone was releases and love that feature as well as many others that it offers.

Tags: