1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support notification and ringtone volume

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harlenm, Feb 18, 2011.

1. harlenm

harlenm Well-Known Member

Why is it that when I choose the sound I want to use for a ringtone or a notification, it's quite a bit louder then when it actually plays during the notification?

I have all the volumes at max, and can still barely hear it when it rings or notifies me of a message/email.

Advertisement

2. Me and my husband recently got the phone and have noticed the same thing. I know when you plus your headphones it, it automatically turns your ringer on silent. We have heard that there is a root out there to fix the problem but do not want to run the chance of bricking our new phones.

3. I think we will be getting an update soon to fix these little bugs. Before 2.4 gets here mid summer

4. kstruck

kstruck Well-Known Member

Update would be good, because that is really starting to annoy me. I am missing calls all the time.

5. I wonder if you make a third party ringtone where you can choose how loud would it play louder?

6. lfcevans

lfcevans Lurker

It seems this bug wasnt fixed. I`ve recently found this same issue regarding ringtones and notification tones volume. I have 2 seperate personolised mp3`s for ringtone and notification and they are barely audible. The mp3s are the same ones I had on my old fone and they played fine. The mp3`s play loud enogh in the music player aswel.
    The Volume is turned up to max, but I am constantly missing calls and txts....even the vibrate function is poor. I notice the standard tones on the fone are OK

Anyone else having this problem