• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification App?

Phienyx

Mar 29, 2011
I am using Simple Text to create icons on WIdget Locker.

Does anyone know if there is a way to project missed calls/missed text counter onto the created icon. I'd like a little number to appear on the icon anytime I missed an call or a text.

Is there an app that makes this possible?

While I have used Missed It before and do like it, I am going with an icon designed in Simple Text. Using Missed it along with the simple text icon widget takes up alot of screen real estate. I am looking for a notifier or counter that will display the number of missed calls, sms, email...etc...etc numerically right on the icon itself.

Is there an app out there that is capable of this?

Upvote 0
I tried Unread SMS. I would have been able to get this to work except that I use GoSMS for my text messaging. Unread SMS only supports the default messaging system.

I also tried Go Notifications, however I was not able to get the missed call/sms counter to appear on the Smiple Text icons I created and placed on the lock screen. So I am going to assume that this is not supported for Go Notification.

Upvote 0
The only way for two different apps to communicate with each other is via Content Resolver class. This require both apps to be aware and special coding coded so both apps can generally gel. It is logical.

The only way where every app can communicate is Android OS broadcast Intent where every app can intercept and work their own logic.

Some apps already have it set. For example NoLED normally can't show Go SMS notifications unless you enable "Accesibility" in the settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones