• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification Area problems

Hi Guys,

Performed a "system software" update yesterday and I've just noticed that ...

The Notification Area isn't displaying any notifications.
There is only 10 application push buttons across the top and dragging down for more has no effect.
The settings and down arrow icons at the top of the screen aren't functional.
The "more settings" and "clear notifications" tabs at the bottom of the screen are missing.

Not sure whether the "system Software" update has caused the problems.

Anyone got any ideas please ...

WM

Thanks for your advice.
Backed up device and reinstalled new system firmware which fixed the problem and the phone is working now but for the last 2 hours it has started downloading "Samsung Galaxy Apps".
Is this normal and how long does it normally take?
WM
Depends on how fast your internet connection is.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, the phone appears to be working ok now apart from I'm having problems selecting Notification tunes.
When I try to select a different tune for Priority Senders from the Notification area, File Manager takes me to FM Home page and when I select the Audio folder, there are only 4 files in the Notifications folder.

1. hangout_dingtone.m4a
2. my severe weather.mp3
3. my weather .mp3
4. pixiedust.mp3

There must be a folder somewhere else on the phone where I can see more options and try out the tunes.
How do I go about it?
WM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones