1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

notification during phone call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaliy, Apr 23, 2012.

1. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

back in gingerbread whenever i'm on a call and sms/email comes it doesn't make a sound just shows icon at top. after ics when notification comes it just rings right away like i wasn't on a call. how do i fix this other than muting notification volume?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

See page #123 of the Samsung Galaxy SII User Manual for Ice Cream Sandwich under, "Alerts on call", here.

jaliy likes this.
  3. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

page 123 is blank
    nvm found it

4. ironass

5. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

sumsung actually released s2 in ics firmware?

6. ironass

No! The manual covers the newly released ICS firmware on the SGSII.

7. leilanymc

leilanymc Lurker

Ok so I've made this work by using Handcent SMS which I prefer to use over the stock messaging app. Here is what you do:

-Go into the stock app, settings, select ringtone and silence the notifications, also uncheck the display notifications in status bar option.
    -Go into handcent and choose your ringtone.
    -In handcent under notifications you can choose weather to alert you with a beep or vibrate during a call, check as you please. FIXED!

Your phone will no longer alert you in the middle of phone calls unless you want it to!:)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews