• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification help!

I have the problem where vibrate no longer works for my text alerts (still does for phone calls). I did have Locale installed but have since uninstalled (didn't really need it, though it seemed cool) and even after the uninstall it still doesn't work right.
Start Handcent>you should see a list of all texts>click wrench in upper right hand corner>scroll down to notification settings>vibrate> set always

Upvote 0
Start Handcent>you should see a list of all texts>click wrench in upper right hand corner>scroll down to vibrate> set always

thanks for the response. I guess I could try that, but I don't want to have to download another app (handcent) to undo the problem that the first app(locale) caused... seems like uninstalling Locale should have brought me back to the prior settings, i would think.

Upvote 0
Hey Matt...download ring toggle...that is the app I was telling you about in the other thread you started. That should fix you up.

Thanks for all the help! I did try Ring Toggle (saw it in a related thread) to no avail, still didn't help the problem any. I can't figure out what is wrong. I'd say the vibrate function is altogether dead except that it does work with the phone calls. hmm. I will try ring toggle again though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones