1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification icon? Dating app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sadiegurl123, Jan 25, 2020.

1. sadiegurl123

sadiegurl123 Lurker

So just received a screenshot from my other half and this icon was in the notification panel, I know it looks like a fitness app but I’m very uncertain I think it might be something more sinister does anybody know what app it’s from?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Ugh, I hate these "what's this notification" threads, but, here goes. I saw a thread with that icon last week. It's a jogging / fitness app. I'll look for the thread and post a link if I find it, but rest assured is isn't anything sinister.

3. sadiegurl123

sadiegurl123 Lurker

Ok thank you, that would be amazing to put my mind at rest. Iv tried searching similiar posts but can’t find anything thanks

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Put your mind at ease, please. Ever since phones have begun tracking fitness in one way or another, even for people that don't work out, this forum has been inundated with "what's this icon" because they use hearts and / or men or woman icons. :(

I've so far found three threads with that exact icon, but not the one I remember with a link to the app. Again, I'm near positive its a fitness app.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Not a dating app.

6. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator

It looks like someone asked about this exact same icon last year:
    https://androidforums.com/threads/what-app-is-the-girl-notification.1305159/

Here is an example of a "heart on a piece of paper" icon that LOOKS like a dating app but it's actually a Samsung notification for a SIM card: https://androidforums.com/threads/what-app-uses-this-heart-shaped-icon.1232867/

It's easy to confuse a random notification for a dating app notification since "hearts" are used to represent so many different things (liking someone's post on a social network, fitness and heart rate, and random things like Samsung's weird use in this case.)

I can't identify this specific icon but as others have said this DEFINITELY looks like a fitness app. Or maybe it's a girl running away from someone. And maybe that girl is you?

In all honesty if you see this notification and the first thing you think of is infidelity and cheating than I think you need to have a serious heart-to-heart with your significant other, regardless of whether or not you can identify the icon. I'll keep looking and hopefully someone chimes in with an answer but please come back and tell us if you solve it yourself!

Best of luck and I hope things work out!

Unforgiven likes this.