1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification Icon

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Sally Morgan, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Sally Morgan

Sally Morgan Lurker

Hi there, I wonder if you can help please? My friend is really concerned about her teenage sons online surfing. A notification icon keeps popping up that is in the shape of a 5 petal flower, single petal at the top, 1 at each side and 2 at the bottom. She can't get a photo of it and both of us have run Google searches without any success.
    There is also a circle icon that pops up quite frequently as well, literally just a circle, we can't find that one either.
    Any help would be appreciated, she is very concerned about her sons safety.
    Many thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well without a picture it will be hard to know exactly what the notifications are.

and even if you did have pictures of them, you have to understand that the chance that someone here might recognize it is very small. the problem is that there are millions upon millions of apps and each will have their own notification icons. so unless it is something popular like facebook or youtube, most of these questions go unanswered. the only way to know is to look into the phone's notifications to see what the icons are for.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If the phone is a Samsung, a 5-petals flower looking icon sounds like SmartThings. It can appear periodically in the notification area on Samsung Galaxy devices. .

#3 mikedt, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    Sally Morgan, ocnbrze and Brian706 like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

"Just a circle", as you might guess, is not enough to stand any chance of being identified. I have one app that pops up a circle notification daily (that's a solid circle rather than an open one), which is a UK covid tracking app, but I imagine that there are many, many other apps that just use a circle of some sort as a notification.

ocnbrze and Sally Morgan like this.
  5. Sally Morgan

Sally Morgan Lurker

It is, thank you that's very reasdiring

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  6. Sally Morgan

Sally Morgan Lurker

7. Sally Morgan

Sally Morgan Lurker

Absolutely, she understands that I think she's just so concerned and can't get his phone to check. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply

8. Sally Morgan

Sally Morgan Lurker

9. Sally Morgan

Sally Morgan Lurker

It's more like a white ring thank you for your reply

10. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well i found this comprehensive list of google icons. but these are just standard android icons. manufacturers will either add or change those from google to make the os their own.

https://fonts.google.com/icons

maybe something from there will help you out........good luck.

11. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If the notification looks like the middle one, that's Samsung SmartThings...

Screenshot_20211207-121159_Gallery.jpg

...and the one on the left is Samsung Health. Because we've had a few "What's this notification? Is it a dating app?" posts about the figure with a ponytail.

#11 mikedt, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    ocnbrze likes this.