1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Notification issue with s8+ on 8.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daniel McCauley, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Daniel McCauley

None

Feb 3, 2019
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this. I play a game called asphalt 9, and I would like to get notifications all the time for the game. What I have noticed is that after sometime I stop getting notifications for the game. So I go into app notifications on my phone for the app. I now see two categories both named asphalt 9. The top one is set to what it was when I first installed the app, but the 2nd on is set to no sound. I've been messing around trying to fix this for weeks. I can't seem to find away to. I've uninstalled the app, and reinstalled the app. When I do I see that I have got one asphalt in the categories. After sometime I will stop getting notifications again. I check app notifications for the app again , and I'm back to two categories the top one as it was. The 2nd one with the no sound selected.

I've also tried making both categories the same, and disable one.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue with any other app.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. krystianmikolajczyk00

None

Wednesday
    Unfortunately, if this is what you're saying, than there are two options. One, if it is your device's fault than clear cache, soft rest etc and two, get in touch with the game developers as it may be an in-game fault. If the game developers say there is nothing wrong your side, a hard reset of your device is your last resort.

3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Dec 13, 2010
    Male
    UK
    This issue is related to the OS killing the app process after a set time.

Try this:
    1. Go into your phones settings page and search "Battery Optimise" and select it from the results
    2. Now once again select Batttery Optimise
    3. On the next screen you see a list of apps installed, at the top select "Apps not Optimised" and select "All"
    4. Scroll down and find Asphalt 9 and unselect the toggle.
    This should stop the OS killing the process so that you keep receiving your notifications. Hopefully. :)

Attached Files:

Kevin-B likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8