• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification LED colours

D

Deleted User

Hi guys

I have done a quick search and cant find this asked anywhere.

I have chompSMS and it says that the notification light can be lots of different colours. I have tried changing this but it always comes out green.

My GF has the X10 mini pro and her light changes. Is mine broken or am i doing something wrong?

Please help. Thansk
ps the light is orange when charging so i know it can be different colours.

CHeers

I looked at Handcent on the phone prior to install. It appears like every possible ability and communication, privacy release is required. I'll suffer without it on my Desire. Too risky, it could be using my info for non approved purposes and making calls or messaging info. There release list is 3 time longer than anyone else. Anyone notice this or do you just install anything you like regardless.

Upvote 0
Just emailed Chomp dev and got a reply saying that the desire only has 2 tone led and isnt capiable of doing multi lights. I have replied saying if thats the case why does Handsent let you do it ;)
Not only that, but the Desire changes the LED for default stuff anyway (yellow for charging, green for fully charged and notifications, and red for 15% battery).

I looked at Handcent on the phone prior to install. It appears like every possible ability and communication, privacy release is required. I'll suffer without it on my Desire. Too risky, it could be using my info for non approved purposes and making calls or messaging info. There release list is 3 time longer than anyone else. Anyone notice this or do you just install anything you like regardless.
It's because Handcent has social networking stuff, too. When the permissions say "Can send SMS" or "Make calls" or whatever, it doesn't mean by itself, it means it has access to those functions (and obviously an messaging client is going to need access to the sending SMS function).

It freaked me out at first with some apps, as did Google asking me for my location, but I figured "Why would anyone want to know about me anyway? And what could they even use against me?" Besides, I imagine "they" can track your phone regardless of what's on it, and regardless of whether it's on or not, too.

Upvote 0
heyyy guys ... i have a little problem of my own too if anyone could help .. i have the X10 mini pro and i live in Bahrain and unfortunatly i dunno why the android market doesnt work here so i downloaded an alternate market or sumthing lyk that nd nw i cnt get rid of it incase the real market comes online here ... any help :S
nd if anyone knws why i cnt use the android market being in bahrain that would be helpful too thnxx =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones