1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Notification LED stuck on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WiseyD, Jan 9, 2013.

1. WiseyD

WiseyD Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2013
    Hi All,

New poster so please be gentle!

I have a HTC one x with a problem.

Yesterday for no apparent reason, after disconnecting the stock HTC charger, the phone display indicated it was still charging. The LED light was stuck on solid red, and the battery indicator was scrolling.

I soft reset the phone a couple of times and the issue stayed.
    I stopped all apps, no change
    I then did a hard reset and things seemed to be OK.

The battery was flat so gave it another charge till the notification LED turned solid green.

After removing the power cord this time, the LED stayed on solid green. I did a normal soft reset and the LED switched to solid red.

I then did the latest software update to version 3.14.401.31

The light is still solid red. Even when I power down the phone the LED notification light stays on solid red.

There are now no 3rd party applications installed on the phone (there was only one previously which was blueDUN to enable functionality with the car)

Apart from the LED light being stuck on, the phone appears to function normally.

The phone hasn't been dropped, damaged or been near water. It has been in a protective case from day 1.

Any ideas on how I might be able to fix this? The phone is under warranty so I can take it in, but I'd rather avoid the hassle is there is a known fix for this.

Thanks in advance

D

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Hi Wisey, welcome to AF! :)

Can you see anything obstructing the charging port at all or does the connector inside look damaged or bent? (I appreciate it may be a little difficult to see).

Have you tried a simulated battery pull? Hold the power button down for 10-15 seconds, does that turn the light off?

3. WiseyD

WiseyD Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2013
    Hi, and thank you for responding.

There is no obvious obstruction or damage to the charging port, even when viewed closely.

When I press and hold the power off button for 10-15 seconds, the phone appears to be off, but the light still shines bright.

The red LED actually appears brighter than normal too (in comparison to my other HTC one x)

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Factory reset bud. Back up your contacts and preform that. Hopefully it'll fix it.

5. WiseyD

WiseyD Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2013
    Hi,

Sorry, maybe I used the wrong term for this forum. When I said hard reset I meant factory reset. That didn't change anything.

It is going back to the shop today.

Thanks for your input

Tags: