1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification LED Supposed to Work On Texts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gapi, Dec 22, 2011.

1. gapi

gapi Android Expert

My Notification LED is very unreliable and when it does work its only for emails.

Is it supposed to work for texts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

can't comment on stock, as i didn't use it that way long, but lightflow will let you control your LED across all apps. this includes color, blink speed, notification duration, etc. i have used it since my droid days, and it is one of my favorite apps. it is so nice to immediately know exactly what kind of notification you have even when the screen and sound are off.

hopefully someone else will chime in on stock behavior.

3. mattywalnuts

mattywalnuts Well-Known Member

The LED works on texts without changing any settings...if you are used to the droid 1 or droid 2 notifications, the gnex's LED light is going to be a let down in stock....it doesnt blink as frequently as the older Droids and to me looks more white asopposed to green.

SolidOrange likes this.
  4. R0llTide

R0llTide Member

The LED notification light works fine for my yahoo mail app. I do not use the stock email or messaging apps so no comment there. I use handcent for messages and the led light works just fine. You can control the frequency and the color of the led for texts based on the sender.

5. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Thanks, I needed confirmation it works for incoming texts before I return to the store so I do not get blindsided by the rep telling me it comes from the factory not configured for texts.

I is haphazard for emails and never for texts. I know about the market app that tweaks it, its just my handset out of the box is defective.

I'm going in for a swap.

6. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

My stock LED is pretty unreliable.... sometimes it works, some times it doesn't.

Oh well! Got lite flow going any way.

7. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Did light flow help with reliability?

8. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Well, I just installed LF and upon reading the permissions and warnings I promptly uninstalled it.

Mercy you guys. As an investigator I am waving the big red flag on this app! They do everything they can to warn you without coming out and saying it.

That little LED is just not that important to me.

mattywalnuts likes this.
  9. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Android Enthusiast

I tried lite flow and I can't seem to get it to work. I have the led endabled in the stock settings am I missing something?

10. mattywalnuts

mattywalnuts Well-Known Member

thanks for the warning, is it as bad as facebook?

11. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

which permissions are you worried about? this app has been around for years now, and i have not heard anyone complain about it being malicious. :thinking:

12. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Not really. Unless you call giving an app free rein of your phone missing out. I will wait for a possible OTA fix perhaps.

Its according to the permissions it asks for and what the app needs to run. Read this to get the jist of it all. It lists most if not all permissions and their possible threats. HERE

13. gapi

gapi Android Expert

The ones that can cost me money. The ones that can read credit card numbers when entered.

Its just me and my careful ways due to the deceptions I have seen in my business.

To me the app is just for simple notification lights. Why does it need interment access and SD card freedoms and just about every-other permission known to man in the android operating system? That app as wonderful as it may seem wants it ALL.

I may be crying wolf but I feel safer doing with out it.

No reports out there? I don't want to be the first one to report something for doing something I gave it permission to do eh?

Don't get me wrong, I realize I may be over cautious and hope I am. But....

SolidOrange likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews