1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification Light and Font - Moto G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lauraodonnell86, Jan 3, 2014.

1. lauraodonnell86

I've had my Moto G for a few weeks and I really love it. I came from the Samsung Galaxy S3 so I was used to having the LED notification light that was a different color for things like charging, low battery, text, email. Now it's always white. Is there any way to make it different colors? :(

Also, is there a way to change the font on the phone? On the S3, there were several different fonts that were already on the phone to choose from. I guess I was spoiled with the S3! :eek:

Thanks for any and all help! :)

2. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Hello, and welcome to the Android Forums. I hope you'll find that this is a friendly place. I know I have (although people can get a bit snarky at times, as people tend to do).

As to the notification light, apparently it's only white. Read here about it: Led notification colors? - xda-developers

I don't have the phone yet, so I can't answer about the fonts.

I'm really looking forward to getting it in a month or two (after I get my tax refund back).

breadnatty08 likes this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Welcome to the forums, Laura!
    It's been a long time since I've used it (and haven't tested it on the Moto G), but Light Flow is a great app (and they have a lite version that's free):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflow&hl=en

Also, like the above, I don't know if or how you can change the font. Since the Moto G is basically stock Android without a skin like your S3, I don't think it's possible (without root).

lauraodonnell86 likes this.
  4. RandomSF

RandomSF Newbie

As per alfick3, the Moto G has only a white LED. Lightflow won't work for this phone.

breadnatty08 likes this.
  5. lauraodonnell86

Thanks for your input! I figured these would be the answers but was hoping not! :mad:

6. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Over on XDA forums, they have mentioned that liteflow can still be used to change the rate at which the LED blinks; you can make it slow for email, faster for text, and so on.

lauraodonnell86 likes this.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews