1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Notification Light and Font - Moto G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lauraodonnell86, Jan 3, 2014.

1. lauraodonnell86

None

Jan 3, 2014
    Kansas City, MO
    I've had my Moto G for a few weeks and I really love it. I came from the Samsung Galaxy S3 so I was used to having the LED notification light that was a different color for things like charging, low battery, text, email. Now it's always white. Is there any way to make it different colors? :(

Also, is there a way to change the font on the phone? On the S3, there were several different fonts that were already on the phone to choose from. I guess I was spoiled with the S3! :eek:

Thanks for any and all help! :)

Advertisement

2. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    Hello, and welcome to the Android Forums. I hope you'll find that this is a friendly place. I know I have (although people can get a bit snarky at times, as people tend to do).

As to the notification light, apparently it's only white. Read here about it: Led notification colors? - xda-developers

I don't have the phone yet, so I can't answer about the fonts.

I'm really looking forward to getting it in a month or two (after I get my tax refund back).

breadnatty08 likes this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Welcome to the forums, Laura!
    It's been a long time since I've used it (and haven't tested it on the Moto G), but Light Flow is a great app (and they have a lite version that's free):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflow&hl=en

Also, like the above, I don't know if or how you can change the font. Since the Moto G is basically stock Android without a skin like your S3, I don't think it's possible (without root).

lauraodonnell86 likes this.
  4. RandomSF

RandomSF Newbie
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    As per alfick3, the Moto G has only a white LED. Lightflow won't work for this phone.

breadnatty08 likes this.
  5. lauraodonnell86

None

Jan 3, 2014
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanks for your input! I figured these would be the answers but was hoping not! :mad:

6. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    Over on XDA forums, they have mentioned that liteflow can still be used to change the rate at which the LED blinks; you can make it slow for email, faster for text, and so on.

lauraodonnell86 likes this.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.