1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification light doesn't stop blinking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Los88, Dec 2, 2011.

1. skunis1

skunis1 Android Enthusiast

Just saw this thread and I have the same issue. It happens to me when I refresh my email from within the stock email account. I then either read/mark read or delete the email. The notification disappears from the bar but the light still blinks.

The only thing that stops this is pulling down the notification screen. Then it stops.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. colornshape

colornshape Android Enthusiast

The LED was a big disappointment. I started with an Eris, loved then hated it. Then I got a DX, loved it, and the four color LED was great. I assumed the amber/green LED on the Eris was a half-assed, abandoned mistake limited to that handset. This LED turns on when the phone is charging, of course and for no good reason, which prevents LED notifications.

Ah... That was therapeutic. Love this phone, otherwise.

Matt

3. Brent372

Brent372 Well-Known Member

I have this too and drives me nuts as well. I only notification LED enabled for SMS/MMS. I turned it off. We will see how that works now. I only use the stock messaging app.

4. alphabets

alphabets Newbie

that is my main complaint about the led....the fact that it stays lit when charging, therefore you don't get any blink notification at all for anything when it is plugged in. silly. i'm hoping theres a rom out there that can fix that.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. coppereos

coppereos Lurker

I'm having the same issue with ALL notifications (messages, Facebook, etc.) the green blinking light won't go away until I pull down the Notification screen. What's odd is my brother who has the same phone had this issue and I did not. All of a sudden it started happening on my phone in the last week or so. I'm assuming it's a software bug that just installed recently on my phone.

6. WarnerYoung

WarnerYoung Member

I'm seeing this same problem, and I don't have Handcent installed. Nothing obvious shows in the notification screen, and simply pulling it down will stop the light from blinking green. Just tried turning off all the checkboxes in Display settings and will see if this fixes it.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews