• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help notification light has never worked Samsung Galaxy 4s

Ryanator

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
Hello, new to the forums.... so please bare with my lack of fact finding skills ;)

So I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy 4s SGH-T959P Android OS and cannot get the SMS notifier to work... cant find settings for it anywhere. I read somewhere that Galaxy series didn't come with led notification but can clearly see at the top left of my phone 3 different size holes with what appears to be led lights, that have never worked. At all. Not even when charging. They must have a purpose?

Would love some insight here to what I might not be doing right, or where to look ...I've tried everything in my settings menu explored my phone but cant find anything on this!

Please help

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the welcome and your reply :)

Tried auto brightness, then covered the holes like you suggested ....my screen only dimmed immediately after selecting. Covering the holes had no effect.

Looks like my only other option is to try the app although I dont have sufficent credit to purchase at this point in time. Let ya know what happens if or when I do. And just to clarify I have the Galaxy S 4G Fascinate SGH-T959P Looked at the official spec's it mentions every other aspect of features but mentions nothing about SMS notifier or that part of my phone. Ungh...

Thanks again for your reply

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones