1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support notification light keeps blinking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sharondippity, May 25, 2012.

1. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Dismember

After searching online, there isn't one thread I found where the constant blinking notification light problem was solved.

I uninstalled Handscent, and the blinking light is now purple instead of blue.

Blargh!

Advertisement

2. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
  3. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Dismember

Yes, awhile back. It's buggy so I uninstalled it.

I did a factory reset and the problem ceased.

4. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Dismember

I found out the REAL culprit was Yahoo's Mail app, where one account was set with no notifications. I removed that account and the purple notification light ceased.

I added the second account back, and the problem came back as soon as that account received a new email.

I tested this three times so I'm absolutely sure this was the cause.

prushnix likes this.
  5. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    I get this problem from time to time also. I had to uninstall easy reminder because it kept going off when I had already read the texts or checked missed calls. Light flow keeps blinking also.

I noticed that I have to read a text then back out of the text that takes me to the main text app instead of just turning off the phone after reading it, else it keeps beeping/blinking. Get the same thing with missed calls sometimes, but I dont know how to fix that one.

6. prushnix

prushnix New Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I can confirm your finding that it definitely is Yahoo Mail app causing the notification light to blink.
    I have been having this annoying issue for the past couple of months and couldn't really find a reason behind it.
    After reading your post, I sent a email to myself and as soon as I received the message the notification light started blinking purple after a small sound.(as it usually happens). When I checked the email through the yahoo mail app the blinking ceased. I did this twice to double check and can confirm it is the yahoo mail app.

I just made a account in this forum website just to thank you and confirm your finding is right because it has been such a annoying issue. :)