• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help notification light

HiI cant figure out how to sort my notification light. I only want it to flash for text messages and missed calls not for emails. Does anyone know how to disable it for email?I have gone into my gmail and yahoo acoounts and cant find anything, I thhought there may be settings elswhere?Thank youNat

There is no default option specifying emails from texts etc.

You could try this though.

Settings > display > LED indicator - Untick the notifications option.

As you have (if I recall correctly) go sms. Set that up to handle your sms notifications and LED activity (advanced > default notification settings)

Unfortunately that won't solve the LED on missed calls issue, but you might find a dialer app that can do it?

Upvote 0
Unless lightflow has been updated since, it at least "used to" cause hell with the S3, more specifically with wake locks and battery drain.
Actually, the problem wasn't really with lightflow, it was with the S3. The notification system on the US ICS S3s was totally screwed up.

If you are on JB, you no longer need root for lightflow to work right with your S3 and there's no significant battery drain when using lightflow.

Upvote 0
Bein from the UK im guessin youre on gt-i9300 bro?
Light Flow works perfectly on it.
Tip for battery life, set the colours reallly really dark using the colour grid so theyre just visible.
And in flash frequency or whatever, set it to constant on (stops the system from coming out of deep sleep to trigger each flash.
I get like a 0.1% battery footprint from LF usualy.
Think the US models still have probs.

Upvote 0
I've not tried any of them, but I remember an old thread on here which talked about apps which control the way the LED responds to notifications. Here's a link to one which seems to do what you want but, as I said, I've not tried it myself.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koo.lightmanager

Can anyone advise me if either of these two apps (Light Flow or Light Manager) will work on my unrooted s3?

I am having problems with my GMAIL notifications and was wondering if I installed one of the above this would overide/bypass my present problem

Having asked a number of questions and read a number of previews - still really not sure what direction to take

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones