1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Notification lights for SMS and Gmail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johninbigd, May 6, 2010.

1. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I've had my Droid since they came out last year. Somehow I was able to configure notification lights for Gmail and Handcent, but I don't remember how. I had to wipe my phone and start over and now I can't figure out how I did that. I have Touchdown Pro for Exchange and that allows me to customize the LED for that app, but I can't find the settings for Gmail or Handcent. I know they used to be there, but I can't remember what I did to make them appear. I must have installed a third-party app, but I have no idea what it was.

Any idea how I did it? :) I'd really like to get those notification LEDs back!

Advertisement

2. johninbigd

Jun 3, 2009
    I found the setting in Handcent, so no worries there. But for the life of me I can't remember how I got LED notifications for Gmail.

3. johninbigd

Jun 3, 2009
    Well, crud. Now it looks like all of my LED notifications have stopped working. Weird. I think I have bigger problems. it's probably an app or something that is messing things up.

4. johninbigd

Jun 3, 2009
    Nevermind. It was a setting that I thought was unrelated, but it turned out to be related. All seems to be working now.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    bits & bytes
    left coast USA
    I use Gmail Notifier to configure different notifications (LED color included) for my gmail accounts.

LED notifications work differently in 2.1 -- they happen when screen is dark only.

6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    won the lottery
    WestSiiiide