• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification Noise, But No Notification

SaurusX

Sep 13, 2010
First off, I'm not rooted or anything and still have the stock firmware.

Last week my phone was making notification noises when there was no notification. It would do this every few hours or so. I searched for the rogue app that may have been causing it and even installed aLogcat to try to find what was going on. No luck.

I wiped my phone and reinstalled almost all my apps again and everything was fine for almost a week. Now my phone is doing the same thing with phantom notification sounds. Any ideas as to what's up?

I guess this problem must be unique to me given that no one has chimed in. I can elaborate further by saying that the notification noise that randomly plays is the system default noise that I set (the Text 2 zap noise). I've made sure that my other apps are either set to silent or have a different notification noise in an attempt to isolate the app that's causing it, if it is indeed an app. Still no luck and my phone has done this at least four times today already.

Upvote 0
Yea I never experienced this, sorry. The only thing similar to your problem that I've had is when I have let's say an IM app open and I lock my phone, I get notified that someone wrote to me I unlock my phone and the notification disappears since the IM app is still on top of everything else. Maybe someone has a answer though.

Upvote 0
This problem is still plaguing me. I've been able to briefly catch an icon in the notification bar of an exclamation point in a triangle, but it comes and goes so quickly that its usually gone by the time I hit the power button to try and see what made the noise. I'm assuming that it has something to so with the signal in my house. In the meantime my dirty fix is to set the default notification noise to an empty .1 second mp3. At least this way the problem is largely invisible to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones