1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Notification of Added Calendar Event on Shared Calendar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by serpentine009, Jul 26, 2010.

1. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Is there a way to be notified when a calendar event is added to a shared calendar? I love using the shared calendar, but I sometimes overlook new events that were added by others.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    New Mexico
  3. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Thanks, I use the same widget. I still sometimes overlook some appointments. For example; the next 4 appointments on my widget are from my shared calendar. My wife added an appointment in for a photographer to come take family pics. She mentioned it to me, but as usual I was only listening 25%. It is in my widget but I never really noticed it because it is the same color code as the rest of the appointments on my widget.

A notification would be nice, because it would force me to make a mental note of it when it gets added to the calendar. I remember a setting that had to do with notifications if a certain number of events synced. But I can't remember what that was for, I was hoping it was a Google setting.

Thanks.

4. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    New Mexico
    Ok how about, log into your calendar via pc and go to calendar settings , select the calendar tab and then under "other calendars" you should see your wife's calendar listed, click on notifications. Now I haven't tried any of these options but maybe the "daily agenda" option would help you out?