1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support notification on AOD question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Leob, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Leob

Leob Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 9, 2016
    If you get an email notification on your AOD and then you later read email on say your laptop and leave as read, does the AOD email notification icon remain on the N8 or does it update & removed??

Advertisement

marctronixx likes this.
  2. Samanthaaa

Samanthaaa Lurker
    None

Oct 1, 2017
    In my experience, they have not been removed from my notifcation bar if viewed on another device. However, if you open the email on your phone, but not from clicking on the email notification, it does sometimes disappear.

marctronixx likes this.
  3. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    what i have noticed is the AOD screen does not automatically refresh until you unlock the phone.

i don't pay this attention so i just did an experiment.

i sent a test email. sawit populate on the AOD

read the email from a different device.

phone did not update until i unlocked the phone. the phone then refreshed and the unread icon went away.

i don't use crackbook (facebook) and i dont have alerts for instagram and apps like that, so i dont know if those will push update if read on another device...

4. TrueFangz

TrueFangz Android Enthusiast

Oct 21, 2013
    Male
    USA
    What I've noticed is that the AOD actually does automatically refresh, however, the stock email app seems to be an exception (at least in my situation running it with corporate exchange account) I get emails all day, and that icon will never go away unless I wake the phone and open the email app to let it refresh.

But, Gmail and Hangouts both refresh instantly. If I get a gmail, the icon pops up, I check my Gmail on my desktop, and the icon goes away on the AOD right away. Same with Hangouts.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    Makes sense that gmail and hangouts refresh/push update immediately since they are native/baked in apps.

I use outlook app for all email and i dont think Ive seen the outlook icon go away on AOD.

EDIT: so i have noticed the outlook icon will go away after ive read all the email, so seems to agree with what others are seeing.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!