• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification on LG K31 Screen: Please help me kill it!

gremlinkurst

Mar 19, 2021
In between Messages and Chrome (see screenshot bottom row), there is a notification I can't get rid of. I tap it to open "Folder," whatevertheHell that is supposed to be, and open Play Store...and it shows me NOTHING to do with the notification icon. How do I make that damned thing go away? There is no hint whatsoever what the notification is regarding.
:rob:
Screenshot_20210410-223341.png

remove the icons within to delete the folder. all you need to do is create a new one after that.
...and, pray tell, just HOW is one supposed to be able to accomplish that? It's not like this is a desktop computer with a mouse to click on the background to bring up a context menu and select New and then Folder. Pressing the + sign doesn't create a new anything; it only confuses matters.

Upvote 0
That looks like a shared folder shortcut, with the play store and your camera. Long press on it and Choose delete or remove or drag it up or down to the X...
...and that doesn't work, either. All that happens is that the Google Play icon is dragged out of "Folder" (again, waddevvadaf*ck that is supposed to be) to replace the original Google Play icon already on the screen that didn't have a notification indicator on it and now does...and still when I click on it, it doesn't tell me what the bloody damned notification is about!
Screenshot_20210411-065744.png

...and that accursedly stupid and mysterious "Folder" with the OTHER item in it ("Camera"¹) vanishes, emphasizing the puzzle rather than clearing a damned thing up!

¹ ...and Camera appears on the screen the way it's supposed to, with no explanation regarding what it was doing in the "Folder" box in the FIRST place, or how it got there! Back to the Notification icon overlay: Don't you see that orange dot with a numeral one inside it? How do I get rid of that damned thing? If it was on my Gmail icon, I'd open Gmail and the bold-printed email would be unread, and if I read it, the notification overlay goes away. How do I make that damned overlay go away in Google Play store?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, now I just don't get it! After posting my last response, I decided to rearrange the icons on my screens, moving the Spectrum icons to another screen, and dragging some icons on that screen to the home screen, and...magically, without doing anything in Google Play, that bothersome notification overlay vanishes.

Now, this doesn't make a damned lick of sense! Just rearranging desktop icons makes a Google Play notification overlay go away? What the bloody Hell? WTF is that? Somebody please tell me how that makes sense!

Upvote 0
Okay, now I just don't get it! After posting my last response, I decided to rearrange the icons on my screens, moving the Spectrum icons to another screen, and dragging some icons on that screen to the home screen, and...magically, without doing anything in Google Play, that bothersome notification overlay vanishes.

Now, this doesn't make a damned lick of sense! Just rearranging desktop icons makes a Google Play notification overlay go away? What the bloody Hell? WTF is that? Somebody please tell me how that makes sense!

If it is anything to do with Google, don't bother trying to make sense of it.

Just open Play Store, go into the settings, and turn off all notifications (along with auto-update as well, for good measure).

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Something wrong with the code on this forum: I pressed QUOTE of puppykikr, and nothing that made any sense happened. Anyway, I can't find Settings in Play Store; there's no menu bar and no icon. The closest I could come to that was this: [Device] Settings> Play Store> Notifications> Turn off notifications. I don't care about distinctions between different classes of notifications in Play Store because the only thing I care about there is downloading a necessary app, and the only notification I need is the app icon magically appearing on a screen once installation has completed. "Gee...why did that pop up on the screen? Oh, yeah (Duh!) I just installed it! Doi!"

Thank for the suggestion.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones