• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification settings for contacts

Wendy Sue

Jul 11, 2018

Attachments

• 20180926_204114.jpg
    20180926_204114.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 226
You could use a different message app, which would make the feature independent of what Samsung do.

With a third party message app the tone is apparently assigned to the conversation rather than the phone book entry, as Samsung previously did, but unless you erase all of your messages exchanged with your daughter that makes no difference in practice (if you do you will have to set the tone again).

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Agree. Contact samsung support and/or T-mobile to directly address your concerns.

I use tmobile and im on the latest update. I have note 9s but dont use the stock samsung messenger.

For texting, I use Textra. Its a more robust app and offers more customization than the stock built in message app. You should give a 3rd party text app a try and see if there are more features you can use....

Reactions: Hadron and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones