1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification Shade disappears every night

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iamnid, May 8, 2020.

1. iamnid

iamnid Newbie

Since the May 2020 update, I wake up every morning to my notification shade having disappeared. Nothing appears at the top of the screen, no battery, no date, and it can't be swiped down -- it's just gone. Also, the ambient display no longer works -- when the phone screen is off, it is all black, no clock etc. A restart fixes the problem but it has happened consistently for the last three days. Anyone else having this problem?

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

I'm not seeing that with any of my devices. Maybe try putting your phone into Safe Mode before you go to bed to see if the problem still occurs? That might help to rule out any misbehaving third-party applications.
    https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/2852139

3. iamnid

iamnid Newbie

Thanks. I'll try tonight and report back.

4. iamnid

iamnid Newbie

Solved the problem but now what? I can't just go into safe mode every night.

5. rdsok

rdsok Android Enthusiast

The next step is a process of elimination. You've proven the issue isn't within the Android OS... now you have to determine which of your apps you've installed is causing it. The most likely ones, would be the ones you've installed the last but apps do get updated a lot... so it could be an older app that's gotten a recent update. Once you've isolated which app by uninstalling it... re-install it ( if you use it of course, otherwise nevermind ) to see if it had simply gotten corrupted resulting in the problem you were seeing.

puppykickr and codesplice like this.

Google Pixel 3A Forum

The Google Pixel 3A release date was May 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch or 5.6" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 670 processor, and 3700mAh or 3000mAh battery.

May 2019
Release Date
Reviews