• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help notification sound on FB messenger

lgbalfa

Aug 15, 2010
new york, ny
i just noticed that you cannot use the sound tones from the motorola droid turbo cell phone now as an alert in FB messenger and that you can only choose the ones dedicated to the app and not the phone anymore.

you can still use the sound tones from your phone for the regular FB app nut not the separate messenger app anymore.

any way to fix this so i can use the sound tones from the phone for the messenger app?

thanks

If you can set the Messenger in-app notification to silent, you could use Tasker to play any sound you want when Messenger notifications come up. You'll probably need Tasker's AutoNotification unless you want to just use pattern matching on %NTITLE and %NTEXT. The two will cost about $6, but the range of things you can do in Tasker is.. mind-blowing. Most of the apps out there are redundant because tasker can do whatever they do. Sorry for rambling, Tasker gives me the nerdbumps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones