• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification sound problems

HI, the Desire isnt mine but its my girlfriends, shes having problems with the notification sounds. It will play the correct sound when you plug it into the charger or USB, but not when she recieves an SMS which is obviously really annoying. I have tried updating the software for her using the HTC over the air update, its running 2.1. I dont have any other details of the software at hand, but if anybody knows how to sort it i would be very grateful, also the ringtone works fine.

Thanks in advance

Paul

To change tone: Menu>Settings>Sounds & Display>Notification Sound ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To change volume: Menu>Settings>Sounds & Display>Ringer Volume (here you can set a volume for calls and notifications, or tick the box to have the same volume for ringer and notifications)

Upvote 0
To change tone: Menu>Settings>Sounds & Display>Notification Sound ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To change volume: Menu>Settings>Sounds & Display>Ringer Volume (here you can set a volume for calls and notifications, or tick the box to have the same volume for ringer and notifications)

Done both of them, it should be making noises but its not, i compared all the settings with my phone and i dont see any obvious reason for it not to work :(

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones