• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification Sound Repeatedly goes off samsung galaxy s8

nmchugh6

Lurker
Aug 18, 2014
I hear the sound associated with notifications and it goes off atleast 3 x an hour every several hours every day. It's making me nuts. I Pull down the notifications screen and don't find a text stating where the notication came from, i also check the phone to see if a recent call came from a blocked number and I check texts and emails to see if the recept of either came in at the same time as the sound notification but this proves fruitless too. Someone please help. I'm seriously about to blow my brains out if I can't figure out where this is coming from and how to stop it.

put it in safe mode and see if this continues or not. if it stops, then it is coming from an app. if it continues then something is up with your os. did this just start happening? maybe after an update?

also have you checked within your phone's settings? settings>notifications>and check to see if there was an app that is listed there. it should have a time stamp of all notifications and the app associated with it. it should tell you what app set off the notification sound.

and if all else fails you might want to consider doing a factory reset.

Reactions: MrJavi and Dannydet
Upvote 0
Thankyou for responding everyone. i put the phone in safe mode. I'm was still getting the notification sound and it is now stopped for about 15 minutes i guess that means something is up with my os. i checked for time stamos and all were from 30 minutes ago, 30 or more hours ago or days ago. i'm not sure how to check if my messeage+ AP is set to repeat. Will try now to see if I can figure that out and see what I can learn about factory resets. i'd be concerned about losing notes, contacts and pictures. If I lose any ap i added, it wouldn't be th end of the world. There are just a few and I could reinstall

Upvote 0
i found the notification reminder under accessibilitty/ advanced settings.. Reminders were on for every 3 minutes for missed calls and messages and no other aps . I turned that off. After about 5 minutes, I haven't gotten the annoying sound. A notice that the sd card had to be fomated also appeared and i hit the format button. I'm now not sure which fix caused the sound to stop but I am very grateful that you helped

Upvote 0
i found the notification reminder under accessibilitty/ advanced settings.. Reminders were on for every 3 minutes for missed calls and messages and no other aps . I turned that off. After about 5 minutes, I haven't gotten the annoying sound. A notice that the sd card had to be fomated also appeared and i hit the format button. I'm now not sure which fix caused the sound to stop but I am very grateful that you helped
well glad that it is not going off anymore......keep us posted

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Had the first day of peace in quite a while. I still don't know for sure if it was the unformatted sd card message that was the source of the notification or if the problem was the repeat notification setting dannydet identified. I believe it was the repeat notification as I don't have an sc card per "my files" (although it is possible the system thought there was a card and thought it wan't formatted. In any event I just wanted to again say thankyou . If anyone has a similar problem in the future I recommend looking at the repeat notification setting. Good job guys, THANKYOU!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones