• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification sound stopped

jeff99

Jan 2, 2018
The notification sound for Twitter in my browser (I do not use the Twitter app) has stopped sounding. The notification birdie still comes, but it makes no sound. I cleared out some cache of something (somewhere), which is when it stopped. But I didn't change any settings. Can I get it back? And how?

Edit: Forgot to mention my browser is Chrome

Last edited:
If you access Twitter from the browser and you cleared the browser cache, then you probably cleared the settings in your saved twitter account settings. Log into your Twitter account using your default browser, then go to notifications>settings and you should see an option there for web browser notification settings. It's probably there. I use chrome and chrome does not support this so I can't see them.

Upvote 0
Following your directions I see
Notifications: Ask before allowing...
Vibrate: Checked
Blocked sites: m.facebook, mentalfloss, bipartisanreport
Allowed: counter.social, mobile.twitter.com

(note: I didn't type all the site's URLs out completely)

Maybe if I remove twitter, then it will ask me again and, hopefully reset itself?

Upvote 0
Maybe if I remove twitter, then it will ask me again and, hopefully reset itself?

Possibly, but you say you see the visual notification but don't hear it. Could you have accidentally set the volume for notifications to silent? Check your sound settings. The might be listen under both (phone) settings>sound and (phone) settings>notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones