1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Notification sound wont change or get louder

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thebest2, Jul 21, 2010.

1. thebest2

thebest2 New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Ok so this problem is very annoying because I never hear any of my notifications when they come. I have tried countless times to change my notification type and sound but it wont change. It shows in the settings that it has changed but when i get a notification, it is the default one even though i changed it in the settings... any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Advertisement

2. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Michigan
    Notification for what? Everything or just texts??

3. RaginCajun713

RaginCajun713 New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    It's different for texts and other notifications (such as emails, apps, and the sort).

To get notifications at a higher level, there are a few ways. While in any app or media using program, raise the volume on the volume bumper. The other main (and my preferred way) is to go to Settings-> Sound and Display-> Ringer Volume-> then adjust the volume for notifications.

For texts, go to Messaging-> press the Menu button (bottom left corner next to Home)-> select Settings-> then the last section is Notification Settings. Here you will find Select Ringtone, Vibrate and Notifications.

Also, if you have Vibrate or Silent selected from the drop-down menu, no sounds will play.

Hope this helps, it took me a while to figure all that out after trying to change my text notification tone and wondering why my notification volume kept going down.

4. lanceeee

lanceeee Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Notification sound does nothing. Vibration. Does nothing. I would almost get off with vibration of the blackJack. The captivated? Nothing