1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Notification sound wont change?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jparker0201, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jparker0201

jparker0201 Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    I can't be the only one having this issue but ive searched all over and can't find anything on it. Regardless of what I set my notification sound to it does not change! I've made sure in my messages default is checked. I've factory reset my phone. I don't get it. Ive never encountered this before. I came from the nexus so this isn't a good start. :(

Advertisement

2. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Did you check the settings in your messing app?

For me, I know I changed my Notification Sound in the Sound settings and it still played the default sound whenever I got a text message. So I checked the messaging app and there was a separate setting for notification sound, even for the HTC default messaging app. I thought the default messaging app would just use whatever sound I picked for the notification sound in Sound settings, but it didn't.

Every messaging app seems to have their own Notification Sound setting now.

3. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Are you looking in settings>volume>

Also I understand that every messaging app has its own individual notification setting now. There may be a conflict and I think that the app overides the default. Not sure, just what I have heard.

4. serratusPI

serratusPI Newbie
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    I just got my rezound about a week ago. I didn't have that problem originally, but since the OTA update, now I can't change mine either! I go into the HTC Mail app, and there's an option to turn notification on and off, but not to choose the tone. So I just change the tone through settings>sound. Anyone figure out a solution?

5. serratusPI

serratusPI Newbie
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Ok, figured it out. I was just looking in the wrong place. Apparently the default notification sound doesn't apply to new emails. If you go to personalize from the home screen, then notification sound, there is an option to assign notifications for all the different options, including email and messages. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue. It's just about knowing where to look.

Now I'm back to square one in trying to find something wrong with this phone...

leeberbs likes this.
  6. blueyedmedic

blueyedmedic Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2012
    I need help with HTC Rezound. Is it not possible to set a different notification for a specific contact. In other words I want a different notification sound for my girlfriends text coming in than the rest of my contacts. It seems you can only have 1 notification for everyone. Am I missing something...

Tags: