1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Notification sound wont stay on...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xiamen, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Xiamen

Xiamen Active Member

May 19, 2010
    I've noticed an odd issue with my notification sound when i use CardioTrainer.

Pre-froyo I never noticed this.
    When I run I turn my phone on vibrate mode so texts don't interrupt my music or updates from CardioTrainer while I run. Before this was no problem. My notification volume in CardioTrainer would still work, but my texts would only vibrate during the run.

Now when I turn my phone on vibrate my notification volume is completely turned off.
    I have MADE SURE that the volume options are not linked in the audio settings so that i can control them independently. When I manually change my sound settings to make my ringtone volume off and my notification volume to be on, a few seconds after the change (or upon exiting the sound settings menu) the notification is automatically turned off.

I have made the change and stayed in the sound settings and my phone automatically switched it while looking at the menu...

Is this not possible anymore? Am I not able to have notification volume on WHILE having my ringtone volume off? It's driving me nuts.

Advertisement