1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support notification sounds ect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by philboyeee, Jan 4, 2012.

1. philboyeee

philboyeee Newbie
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm having trouble understanding how to change notification sounds, ringtones ect. I want to change the text tone to something other than the whistle. I've read the manual but its not very helpful. I Would think that with all that this phone is supposed to be able to do, I'd be able to sign different tones to texts, incoming email and other things.another thing I don't get is why I do exactly the same thing to assign ringtones, it will assign to some contacts but not to others.:thinking:

Advertisement

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert
    None

Sep 13, 2010
    Male
    IT Manager
    NY
    in the messaging app, you should have a notifications option. change it in there. You can also change the default notification for the phone, which is in the phone's menu settings.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    nyydynasty is correct. To assign a custom sound, it is done from within the app, or it will revert to the default in menu>settings>sound. To assign a custom notification tone, open up your messaging app and go to menu>settings. If you scroll to the bottom you can set a custom tone in notification settings.

As for custom ringtones ... in order to be able to assign a ringtone to a contact it must be a google contact. For those contacts who won't accept the customization, my guess is that they are stored only as phone contacts.

4. philboyeee

philboyeee Newbie
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    Wow! I should've been able to figure that out. Thanks guys!

5. tmg1993

tmg1993 Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    As for making ringtones go, RingDroid is such an amazing app to make ringtones/notification tones from the music on your android. It's amazing.