• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification sounds not playing at all

Is anyone else having this issue? I can't seem to find any information about it.

None of my notifications (messages, calendar, etc.) or ringtones are playing even though I have the volume turned up, and have selected stock default sounds. I rebooted it and now the phone vibrates when I get a new notification, but I disabled "vibrate when phone rings" in the settings, so it doesn't seem like that should be happening either.

Not sure how/when this happened, because I remember getting notification sounds in the first couple of days. Have only had the phone for about two weeks. I've downloaded a few apps since then. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Hadn't looked at my settings since rebooting my N4 this morning. After writing this, I went to check and see if there was some sort of nighttime setting it was stuck on and saw that the notifications volume had reset to being turned all the way down. I turned it up, set a test event, and it seems to be working now. Not sure what happened there, because I made sure the "ringtone and notifications" volume bar was turned up before writing on here. Even rechecked it like five times just to make sure it wasn't turning down again after I left the settings page. Anyway, hopefully, this was just a glitch and not something that will happen again... ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones