1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Notification to remove SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by vonne, Jun 21, 2011.

1. vonne

vonne Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    My android is showing a notification sign in the icon box. when i pressed notification it says to removed sd card but there is no card. How can i remove this, it would not allow me to download. Please help me i am lost without my android. I am new and need a little tutorial tips.

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If you pull down he notification bar you should see the option to clear notifications.

3. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Which phone do you have? You might want to take a peak at the forum that is dedicated for your phone, if you click the link below, you'll be able to scroll down through the list of phones, and find the forum for your phone. If you visit that forum, you can post and talk to other owners, and hopefully learn more helpful stuff about your phone.

Android Phones - Android Forums

4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Your post is really unclear and it makes it very difficult to assist.

Do you not have an SD card or does your device not see the SD card?

What you're describing sounds like the USB mount notification. If your SD card is mounted (made available to a computer connected by USB cable) then it won't be available to your Android device. The Download folder is typically on the SD card which may describe your download issue. If that's the case you'd need to unmount your SD card so Android has access to the Download folder on the SD card.

Again, it's really difficult to assist with your OP. Please clarify and we can provide better assistance to you. It would help us if you could copy what the notification says word-for-word so we're not making mistakes based on your interpretation of whatever your device is indicating.

5. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    It sounds like the notification is just saying the sd card is removed because the sd card has been removed.:rolleyes: