• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification tone goes off at night on Galaxy S

Tokyonino

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
Hi all I have a new Galaxy S 1900 phone, and I wanted to ask a question.
When I go to bed I put it on the charger over night, however everynight the notification tone goes off waking me up.
Is this something to do with charging the battery, like saying its fully charged ?
Does anyone else have this problem, as its annoying.
I don't want to put notification tone to silent, as If i got an important message through the night I would not get it.
Thanks for any feedback.
Nino

PROBLEM SOLVED ! NO COST !
I saw this suggestion in another forum and it WORKS, so I'm passing it on !
Set the global notifications to SILENT.
Set the notification on Gmail to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.
Set the notification on messaging to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.

You'll still have a tone when you 1st plug the phone in to the charger, but NO tone when it's fully charged.

Upvote 0
Can someone please explain where exactly do I find global notification on my Galaxy s. I am trying to get rid of the annoying battery fully charged notification, I am following these instructions:

Set the global notifications to SILENT.
Set the notification on Gmail to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.
Set the notification on messaging to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.

In fact can someone please step through this whole process as I am new to this phone.

Upvote 0
Folks,

From the XDA Developers Forum, I have implemented the following solution successfully on my Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G (with GingerBread.EI22), which has eliminated the "Battery fully charged. Unplug charger" notification from my phone. Good Luck! :)

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1386112

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones